William H. Du Bois
The Experience, compassion, and dedication it takes to Win.
William H. Du Bois is Oakland's foremost criminal trial lawyer. Practicing criminal law since 1970, Mr. Du Bois spent six years as a prosecuting attorney, and now over 27 years as a criminal defense lawyer. All of these years have been in Oakland and the San Francisco Bay Area. Mr. Du Bois knows the prosecutors (and their tactics), the judges, and the minds of the potential jurors. Knowing the opposition gives him the edge. He also knows the law.
William Du Bois has built a reputation as a serious, aggressive criminal defense attorney who fights to win. He has had three murder convictions overturned on appeal and one murder acquitted in the past four years. Where others see defeat, he sees the opportunity to defend.
WE DEFEND YOU
- You don't want to deal
- You want to fight for your rights
- You want the best defense possible, even if you want to deal
Call 510-835-8005 today for a free consultation!
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
– Over 100 Serious Felony Trials Since 1970 –
- California, 1970
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1970
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1970
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1969
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- B.A. - 1965
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alameda County Bar Association, Director
- Alameda County Voluntary Legal Services Corporation (VLSC), Director
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Life Member
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Earl Warren "American Inn of Court"
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- California Bar Association Conference of Delegates, Alameda County, Delegate, 2001
- Alameda County Bar Association, Chairman, Criminal Justice Committee, 1974
- Criminal Courts Bar Association, President, 1976
Past Employment Positions
- Du Boise, Hove & Clay, Oakland, CA, 1981 - 1987
- Du Boise & Hove, Oakland, CA, 1980 - 1981
- Sullivan, Nakahara & Du Boise, Oakland, CA, 1976 - 1980
- Alameda County, Deputy District Attorney, 1970 - 1976