Did you know that if you're charged with drunk driving, the criminal side of your case is only half the worry? The other half is the hearing before the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to fight for your driver's license. The criminal case and the DMV hearing are separate things, and each should be taken seriously.
At Traback & Du Bois, we handle both sides. We handle DUI cases in Alameda County and beyond, but we can also represent you in administrative hearings before the DMV in cases that involve:
- Arrests for alleged DUI/drunk driving
- Refusal to submit to blood alcohol tests
- Too many moving violations within 12 months
- License suspension due to other issues such as health problems or driving without insurance
Be aware: If you were charged with DUI, you have only 10 days from the date of your arrest to request a DMV hearing. If you don't, you will automatically lose your driver's license. This is true even if you later get the drunk driving charges dismissed.
We Are Familiar With Numerous Defenses
You can count on us to explore all available defenses to protect your driver's license. Depending on your particular situation, our lawyers may possibly be able to:
- Suppress documents that the hearing officer wants to enter into the record by arguing that they are hearsay
- Challenge the results of chemical tests
- Use forensic experts to show that your blood alcohol content (BAC) was less than .08 percent
- Introduce witness testimony to support your case
- Use other defenses on your behalf
Learn More In A Free Consultation
To learn more about how Traback & Du Bois can help you fight for your driving privileges, set up a free consultation today. Call our Oakland office at 510-835-8005 or our Pleasanton office at 925-463-3311. You can also reach our attorneys via email.
Se habla español