At Traback & Du Bois, we have extensive criminal trial experience, including more than 200 felony trials and thousands of negotiations with prosecutors. Our firm also includes a former prosecutor who knows how to combat the opposing side's strategies. Count on us to fight passionately and intelligently on your behalf.
We have had three murder convictions overturned on appeal and one client completely acquitted of murder in the past few years.
Our goal in every case is a resolution that is in your best interests. We are equipped to handle all types of charges, including:
- Homicide/murder/manslaughter — Many criminal defense attorneys are nervous when it comes to such serious charges. We know how serious the charges are and what a conviction can mean to your life. Above all, we know how to defend you.
- Assault and battery charges — These depend a great deal on witness accounts and forensics. Our attorneys know how to get to the facts and protect your rights.
- Vehicular manslaughter — When a traffic accident ends in a death, prosecutors are looking for someone to blame. Make sure you have a lawyer if you are asked any questions.
- Kidnapping charges — If you have been accused of holding another person against that person's will, talk to an attorney about the circumstances.
- Domestic violence/family abuse— The moment you are arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, your options begin to narrow. If there is a restraining order, you may be unable to go back home or see your children.
- Rape and sexual assault — Don't let yourself be placed on the sex offender registry without a struggle. We will advocate for you.
Any violent crime can be used as part of a California three-strikes charge. If you have one or two strikes against you, we can challenge those strikes as well as the one you are facing now.
We're Ready To Hear Your Story And Craft A Defense
At Traback & Du Bois, we want to hear your side of the story. Every violent crime has a unique history and circumstances. The better we understand all the factors that led up to your arrest, the better we can defend you.
Ask for an appointment at our Oakland or Pleasanton office. The initial consultation is free and will set your mind at ease. Call 510-835-8005 (alternate number: 925-463-3311) or contact us online.
Se habla español